Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Should/could I get a hair weave?

Hi :)



I have dark blonde hair but i got some lighter blonde highlights put in. My hair is naturally curly but I straighten it. So, my hair is quite damaged and I have split ends. I really do not like all the time I have to spend on my hair and wish I could just wash my hair and go. I would like to be able to go swimming or in the rain and not have to worry about getting my hair wet :(. Recently I have been researching hair weaves and they sound really good. I wouldnt want to get the type thats glued or heated onto my hair because I want my natural hair not to get any more damaged. Netting sounds good because the new hair is attached to the net so my hair wouldnt be touched would it?? Also braiding/tracking sounds good, where the weave is sewn on. Would that damage my hair or make it fall out at all?? Has anyone on here with quite damaged blonde hair had a weave before? If so, how was/is it?



Thank you :)



Kate xxxxx



Should/could I get a hair weave?

Yup me! and you may not want to hear:



It was a pretty bad mistake I made. It dosn't necessarily damage your hair but by getting a hair weave even though it gives you the impression that you won't have to style it because it's human hair so you can just jump in the shower and go but that wasn't the case. The hair weave itched so bad and it was very uncomfortable all the time. It looked great until I got home and washed it, then it looked like some possesed animal on top of my head, after a week I wanted to rip it off. It still itched and it looked crazy, I couldn't get it to style just right at all! It looked so sloppy and eventually ended up wearing sweaters with hoods everyday and throwing it up into a pinytail. It could be the weave I got so if you go though ask your hairdresser alot of questions or concerns. It dosn't damage your hair though and it costs alot of money to keep up with in the long run, because the weaves do have to be replaced. I didn't relize the expense for keeping up with it, we see the celebirtys all with them because they can easily afford them. When I had a weave I desperately wanted my real hair back. Just to touch it again.



My hair was damaged to but I would really suggest shampoo or conditioners that treat damaged hair, and they work! From all the chemicals being processed in my hair and the heat my hair was damaged like yours but by using a conditioner every day that treats damaged hair it worked! In 2-3 weeks I saw huge diffrence in my hair. It was less frizzy, more managable, and the biggest perk: My hair looked shiny and healthy.



Should/could I get a hair weave?

All of that is harmful to your hair. It thins the hair because you are blocking the pores %26amp; follicles. I've seen numerous cases where girls get different types of weave and end up damaging their follicles%26amp; pores and end up with thinning hair for life. Once the hair pore is damaged, there is no going back. A closed hair pore is never going to reopen.



The best thing to do is get your split ends dealt with and take care of your hair! Vitamins, drink water and regular hair cuts!



Should/could I get a hair weave?

i had a weave and i took it out about 2 weeks ago.



theyre fairly cheap to get done, mine cost about $120.



and the weave lasted about 1 and a half months in my head looking really good and i could easily style it, but after that it was crappy.



the negative thing about weaves is that they get a little ichy and once your braided hair grows they get tangled and it starts to look bad. when i took mine out it was discusting! like there was dirt all in my head and my hair was so greesey, because not only can you not wash your hair everyday with a weave, you cant clean your whole head. it doesnt damage your hair though.



i recently did clip in extensions in my friends hair and ive been told they look better than her weave. i just bought some hair and sewed on the clips. it cost me about $100. theyre great too because you can take them out and put them in within 5 minutes and you dont have to wear them to bed.



the jessica simpson ones are amazing so i've heard. she sells clip in extensions online. the cheaper ones are heat sensetive though and they cost about $85, the ones that you can flat iron are about $400.



what i would reccomend though is fusions. theyre very expensive but they look really good if theyre done right. the prices on fusions can range from $80 at the cheapest to about $1000! theyre the ones that get heated into your head. i have fusions right now, and my friend did them for me. since i didnt go to a salon, it cost me about $160 because i bought european good fusion hair. it doesnt have to cost that much though. i dont think you could do it by yourself at home though because you need a special machine thing to do it right.



im no professional, but i know alot about hair =]



good luck girl, and dont waste your money on crappy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment