Monday, July 27, 2009

Does anybody (preferably a girl whos had one before) know what the best technique is for getting a h

And I'm not just talking about Which kind of weave to use (like Yaki vs. Remi or anything), I mean HoW exactly to put it on. Like should you tell your stylist to glue it on in the front and sew it in, in the back? Or the other way round? Do cornrows help provide more flexibility or do they just leave visible head bumps that give away your secret of fake hair?



I've really been contemplating recently to get my hair weaved just to try something different cause I've never done it before, but I'm really afraid of spending all that money on doing it and having it done wrong. I want it to look as real as possible but I don't know the best method of doing so. Please share your previous hair experiences with me to help me make the right decision?



Thank you so much.



~Beverly~



Does anybody (preferably a girl whos had one before) know what the best technique is for getting a hair weave?

I always do my own. Normally I sew it in because glue can severely damage your hair. The way it's braided and sewn can affect the way it hangs and what styles you can get. I like to braid my hair around in a continuous circle in the back of my head, starting from behind the ear and ending in the middle of the circle. If it's not braided to high and sewn in tight enough, there should be no visable bump You can also add braids that go front to back above your ears to add length to the sides. If you're getting it professionally done, the beautician should be able to make the right choice that would be better for your hairs length, type, texture, etc. If you're uncomfortable and uncertain, ask to see some pics of their work and ask around to see who's the best person for the job. Don't be afraid to ask. It's your hair and money and ultimately you are the one that needs to be happy. I hope I helped at least a little. Good Luck!



Does anybody (preferably a girl whos had one before) know what the best technique is for getting a hair weave?

Hope you have some coarse hair because I got it done and my hair is fine and it totally ruined my hair and I had to cut it off shorter than when I started!! UGH! Be careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment