Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Should i get hair weave...im white?

Of course you should.



Should i get hair weave...im white?

WHAT pray tell does being white have to do with getting a hair weave or do you really think all those so-called stars have long and flowing gorgeous hair naturally?



Should i get hair weave...im white?

No



Should i get hair weave...im white?

If your talking about extensions, im recommend that you dont. Glueing or sewing anything into your hair is not good for your real hair's health and growth. I had extensions, you have to superglue them onto your scalp. They look cute for awhile but they start to fall out within 2-3 weeks. They are very painful to take out and you most likely will lose some of your real hair. I think you should just let your hair grow out the natural way, even if it takes awhile.



Should i get hair weave...im white?

im 20 yrs old and i dont have a weave but i have ethnic curly hair and alot of people think my hair is a weave. I see no problem with you getting it done as long as you dont have white people do it. They do not specialize in weaving. I would have an ethnic salon do mine and im white. They are very good with hair.hope i helped!



Should i get hair weave...im white?

do u want a weave or extensions???



the procedures are totally different....if you have straight hair, extensions may look more natural...



but if u want some more length, go for it



Should i get hair weave...im white?

I had a weave put in once....NEVER AGAIN. I had mine sewn into my hair, and it lasted about 3 days before I had to cut it out. The problem I had was it didn't look as silky as my own hair after washing, and shampoo would get stuck in the braids and making my head itch and itch. If you are thinking about longer hair, go for extensions, I would recommend getting clip in ones. ( they do not damage your hair) Bohyme Remi is 100% human hair and is of the highest quality you can get.



Should i get hair weave...im white?

I'm a white girl...I got extensions last year and I loved 'em! I had four rows sewn in by my black girlfriend's hairdresser...Hersha...SHE knew what she was doin'.



Anyway...



I wouldn't recommend getting the indvidually glued in strands because when they grow out...you can see the glue areas and since you already have healthy hair, the glue could damage your hair and break it off. I wouldn't recommend the glue-in weaves, like some girl mentioned, either. You go to an ethnic salon, ask for a few rows for length, and they sew them in. Getting your hair braided in a FEW spots isn't going to ruin your hair. People who get their hair braided ALL THE TIME eventually have brittle hair and bald spots...trying it once won't do that.



When I got my partial weave taken out, the hair was so healthy...it hadn't been exposed to products...and it was longer without me noticing that it was even short to begin with. I made the mistake of chopping off my hair once and that's why I got a weave.



If you pour in your shampoo, yeah it's gonna itch...but your hair would itch even withOUT a weave if you left shampoo in your hair. So that's irrelevant. Make sure to get some oil products because fake hair won't have natural oils because, hey, it's not attached to your head.



There is a cardinal rule, and that's frequency of washing your hair. I washed my hair every few days and that still caused some problems because there's no natural oils in your hair to keep your hair from knotting up. So, when the fake hair gets wet, it can get into a knot. The more you get your hair wet, the more it'll tend to knot up, post shower.



Also, watch how you brush. If you brush too hard over the cornrows, you risk pulling the thread that holds the weave in place and then it'll become loose.



Don't listen to these other white girls who had a bad experience...and it doesn't damage your hair. Getting your hair colored or highlighted is FAR worse than a few braids every once in a while.



And the glory of partial weaves is that your hair is mainly what shows, because partial weaves are usually to lengthen so it's on the back side of your head. The other good thing about weaves compared to glue on extensions is that you can go in every three weeks to tighten up the thread and they'll be like new. Definately ask the person who is going to be doing it what hair they recommend. European hair is usually a lot smoother, silkier, but it's a little more money.



Hope that helps. I'm down for any girl getting extensions. If you can buy it...go for it! That's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment